How It Works
Eligible employers can claim a credit of:
- $200 per week for new hires aged 16 – 29
- $100 per week for new hires aged 30 – 35
Employers can claim credits for 12 months from the date of the position being created between 7 October 2020 and 6 October 2021.
The newly created position must be filled by an eligible employee who received JobSeeker, Youth Allowance or Parenting Payment for at least one of the 3 months prior to being hired.
Steps to Take as an Employer
- If you meet the eligibility criteria and intend to claim JobMaker Hiring Credits, you should register for the program using the ATO Business Portal.
- Identify eligible employees who were hired after 7 October 2020.
- Have eligible employees complete the JobMaker Hiring Credit Employee Notice and return to you for your records.
- From 1 February 2021, lodge a claim to receive credits for the first reporting period of 7 October 2020 to 6 January.
Payments are made quarterly in arrears.
More information regarding eligibility and key dates can be found on the ATO Website and on the Fact Sheet.